We provide a media database containing personal data from media influencers like you to help media professionals to connect with you more efficiently. We call you an influencer because we believe you have the ability to influence the behaviour and opinions of others and the society. Journalists working at a media publication, freelancers writing articles for media outlets, and other influencers on various social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin may all be called influencer. The media database can be accessed by our customers. Our free customers may have limited access of the media database, for example, free customers can not view email address and phone number. Our paid customers may have full access of the media database.
The information includes basic information such as your name and contact details, your job title, public social media profiles, areas of interest to you. The types of personal data we may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Website url
- Work address
- Work telephone number
- Work email address
- Twitter handle
- Link to LinkedIn profile
- Link to Facebook profile
- Number of social media followers (only when it's made public by you)
- Public social media profile picture
- Topics: (ie. subject you may wish to write about)
We do not store any sensitive personal data about you unless you have clearly put such data into the public domain (such as on your public Twitter timeline) yourself.
Most of the personal data we hold about you is obtained from you or from publicly available sources such as:
- Your social media profiles
- The articles you have published
- The videos you have shared
- Your own website
- Your employer's website
- Other publicly available online sources
We also collect data from other sources including:
- Other customers and influencers (who may, for example, tell us if you have changed jobs, but we will not publish that information until we have independently verified it)
- Your employer (if you are employed)
The main purpose is to create a database of information about influencers (the media database) and to make this media database available to our customers to make doing media relations more efficiently.
- Sending pitches and press releases: Our clients can send you press releases on topics that may be of interest to you.
- Create media lists: Our customers can create influencers lists by searching the media database.
- Monitoring media mentions: Our customers can set up alerts to monitor media mentions for topics they are following.
- Export media list: Our customers can export their media lists containing your personal data provided that their use of your personal data comply with all applicable laws.
- Partner data access: Some of our customers can purchase wholesale access to the data in our media database to offer similar features in their products.
We process your personal data to build a service to connect influencers like you and people with newsworthy information you may be interested in. We believe our service may increase efficiency of the public relation industry. With the service, influentials like you may receive relevant pitches and press releases from people in the topics you are covering before general release.
If at any time you want us to remove you from our media database please email us at email@example.com and process this request as soon as possible.
Children are not allowed to use our media database. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you are a child and your personal data is included in our database by accident, please tell us and we will remove it.
The pitches and press releases our customers send you may contain tracking software to let them know if and when you have read the message and clicked on the links.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information by following industry standards.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and fulfill our legal obligations. We do not keep the data beyond necessity.